Events FAD: First budget round, future planning meetings

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Jan 9 07:26:48 UTC 2010

Did a first budget round and cleared travel for Clint, Jon, and Dennis.
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-01-09/fudcon-planning.2010-01-09-06.59.html,
and https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Travel.

We need to set a rhythm for planning (including more budget approvals)
so I am going to semi-arbitrarily declare planning meeting times,
because we have less than 3 weeks left before the FAD - if this is
*absolutely* terrible, please holler now, and propose alternatives. :)

1700-1800 UTC (noon-1pm EST) on Mondays

2100-2200 UTC (4-5pm EST) on Thursdays (our old FUDCon organizers
meeting time)

There are 6 planning meetings: March 11, 14, 18, 21, 25 and 28.

I don't think we'll usually need the full hour for each (also, I tend to
move through meetings fast). The agenda for each, until further notice,
will be (1) proposal/budget approval, (2) FAD agenda-setting and
logistics arrangement, and (3) prepwork to gear up for things specified
in #2 and funded by #1.

I'd like to queue up at least a bunch more budget proposals by Monday's
meeting, so if you're on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Initial_interest_table,
stick an appropriate estimate on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Budget.