FUDCon schedule for FY 2011

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:43:10 UTC 2010

The schedule for FY2011 FUDCons will certainly be on our radar at the
Events FAD in a few weeks.  But in advance of that I wanted to confirm
a couple things:

* There are plans for only one FUDCon in the North America (NA)
  region, as with all other regions.  Although there will be a Fedora
  presence at the Red Hat Summit 2010[1] in Boston in June, this
  presence will not be a FUDCon event.  I've finished a draft of
  the vision for that event:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Summit_2010

  Now that I've finished a bit of prep work internally with the Red
  Hat organizers, I'll share it with the Fedora Marketing and
  Ambassador teams.

* Currently, the FUDCon in NA is scheduled for some time in FY 2011 Q4
  (December 2010 - February 2011).  However, the possibility of a FY
  2011 Q4 event in Australia has come up.  It's not clear yet whether
  that would require altering the NA schedule, but I'm currently
  working on determining those details.  If the budget and logistics
  for that event are handled mostly outside the Community Architecture
  budget for Fedora events, then it may not be a concern at all.