Events FAD engineering-project (Goal 3) update

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:18:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:50:06PM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Andrew Ross <aross at fosslc.org> wrote:
>>
>> One thing I don't have is a video recorder, other than a cheap webcam,
>> which *could* work.  We probably need to procure a webcam that can
>> input to usb/firewire (my lappy doesn't have firewire yet) via DVB
>> (thus v4l).  I was thinking that Thanh might be able to bring one?  If
>> others have one, the more the merrier in my opinion.
>
> If someone reminds me, I can bring my miniDV camera, which last time I
> checked could provide a feed through Firewire on my laptop.

I need to get a laptop with a Firewire then, but I think it'd be good
to see if we can't get an output that goes to USB.  There are plenty
of reasons for this, including the fact that not everyone can afford a
laptop with Firewire.

I suppose it's good to have a test machine that is different than the
development machines though, so that'll be great to have your camera
Paul.  Consider this your reminder :)

Cheers,

Clint