Good news re: freeseer

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:47:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Andrew Ross <fosslc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As you may know, the current software focussed mainly on recording and
>> playback later. We see potential to add live streaming in based on
>> gstreamer. I'd love to see live streaming into blip.tv for example. We'll
>> explore that once this version is stable and ready to go.
>
> This is awesome news Andrew! Just as a point of reference, we
> currently use Icecast for streaming, so some integration into that for
> streaming would be grand!  Clint can share all of the details on how
> to integrate with Icecast from Gstreamer (at least I guess that's how
> it's done)
>
> Great work!
> -Jon

I'm excited to hear this news.  I'll be downloading that code this
week and testing it.  Is there a particular commit that I should pull
from your repository so may start familiarizing myself with the code
and the changes you have made?

In addition, I can help tune the encoding values to provide more
efficient recordings.  As far as streaming goes, fedora already has a
couple servers available for testing, but it would be really cool to
make an option that provides for recording to file and/or streaming.

Let me know if you need anything from me.

i'm way excited!

Cheers,

Clint