Good news re: freeseer

Andrew Ross aross at fosslc.org
Tue Jan 19 19:11:48 UTC 2010

Hi Clint, Everyone

We'll update the github repository by this weekend so you can get your hands
on the new code. Thanh will announce the commit on the mailing list.

On that note, I'd like to invite anyone who's interested in continued
discussions on freeseer to join us on the freeseer mailing list. It's
available here:

Regarding icecast, we're definitely interested, especially record AND stream
at the same time assuming the stream doesn't risk losing the local record in
the event something goes wrong such as network outage, etc..

Most of the epiphan devices I have are the cheapest red ones that do
1024x768 at 10 fps. More
details<http://www.epiphan.com/products/frame-grabbers/vga2usb/specifications/>I
do have some higher end ones as well which do an even better job but
cost
quite a bit more.

Andrew

2010/1/19 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Andrew Ross <fosslc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> As you may know, the current software focussed mainly on recording and
> >> playback later. We see potential to add live streaming in based on
> >> gstreamer. I'd love to see live streaming into blip.tv for example.
> We'll
> >> explore that once this version is stable and ready to go.
> >
> > This is awesome news Andrew! Just as a point of reference, we
> > currently use Icecast for streaming, so some integration into that for
> > streaming would be grand!  Clint can share all of the details on how
> > to integrate with Icecast from Gstreamer (at least I guess that's how
> > it's done)
> >
> > Great work!
> > -Jon
> >
> I'm excited to hear this news.  I'll be downloading that code this
> week and testing it.  Is there a particular commit that I should pull
> from your repository so may start familiarizing myself with the code
> and the changes you have made?
>
> In addition, I can help tune the encoding values to provide more
> efficient recordings.  As far as streaming goes, fedora already has a
> couple servers available for testing, but it would be really cool to
> make an option that provides for recording to file and/or streaming.
>
> Let me know if you need anything from me.
>
> i'm way excited!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

Andrew