Lodging booked, logistics budget wrapped, $902.42 budget for equipment

Andrew Ross aross at fosslc.org
Thu Jan 21 20:17:27 UTC 2010

Clint,

One option we also do sometimes is run an XLR mic into a mixer. We have
Xenyx 1204's and Xenyx 804's, Both are excellent. The 1204 has a USB output
and both XLR and 1/4" inputs. The 804's are teeny tiny and take 1/4". XLR
mics and cables are cheap.

The XLR + cable approach saves a lot of money, but it means hauling more
stuff around. The XLR cables and mics can be quite heavy and also, the
speaker can't move around as they can with wireless.

The remote mic looks interesting and fairly cheap. Have you used them
before?

Andrew

Andrew