Lodging booked, logistics budget wrapped, $902.42 budget for equipment

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:31:52 UTC 2010

Andrew,

Great to know about the splitter in the vga2usb device!

I'm bringing two of my remote mics, but I believe it would be a good
choice to purchase a remote microphone set (with two remote mics and
one base unit would be best imo) for the Event Box.  As far as the
rest of my shopping list, I really haven't had a bunch of time to
look, but here's what I'd like:

at least one vga2usb device

at least one 4channel mixer (I use Alesis because they are awesome and
provide usb input to the computer)
(http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-MultiMix-USB-Four-Channel-Mixer/dp/B001T9O5VG)

at least one remote mic set (I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UV8KQA/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00006I51V&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0N2DKZ627FDNMGMZPWG5)

at least 3 1/4" to XLR male (3' cables at longest) for connecting
remote mic to mixer.  If the mixer that Andrew suggests has a mixer
built-in that's great too!  However, I didn't see it on my cursory
review.

Lots and lots of batteries to go with the units.

I worry that we will spend too much money on the lavalier mic set.  At
$599 and $239 respectively (per the links on the wiki), I think we can
do something with a bit better pricing and still get great quality.  I
think the cost would be around $500-$600 for what I suggest above vs
near $1k for the other items depending on the mix.  I'm not trying to
be controversial, but believe that the equipment I purchased to be
quite nice, and a good start for a Fedora Events System.

Cheers,

Clint