FUDCon and FAD IRC channels

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 15:59:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Clint Savage wrote:

> 1 - We've used #fad for all of our events to this point.  I think
> #fedora-fad is appropriate and should be where #fad redirects.
>
> 2 - #fudcon implies #fedora-fudcon in my mind, therefore, redirecting
> either way is good.  To stay with convention, I suggest the landing
> channel be #fedora-fudcon, but the redirect *always* persist.
>
> Also, I think the event this weekend should be held in the #fedora-fad
> channel as it's the specific channel for this sort of thing.  We're
> not holding a FUDCon, that is all.

Agreed.

#fedora-fad and #fedora-fudcon should be canonical.

#fad and #fudcon should be aliases that automatically redirect.

We should implement the redirect in the #fudcon channel ASAP, and the
#fad channel after this weekend's FAD.

Now, does anyone know how we actually set these redirects up?

--Max