FUDCon Tempe budget update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 20:30:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:00:07AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 09:49 AM, Max Spevack wrote:
> > Hi FUDcon Tempe organizers,
> >
> > I had a chance to get all caught up on Community Architecture team
> > expenses over the Thanksgiving weekend, and here's where we stand for
> > FUDCon Tempe.
> >
> > The sum total of expenses that I've either paid for myself, or of
> > expense reports coming from folks like Paul and Jared that were
> > transferred to the Community budget is currently $11,590.
> >
> > Robyn -- I know there's still some more plane tickets that need to be
> > purchased, but when we talked about that last week, it seemed like the
> > list of tickets in the trac instance and the actual airfare requirements
> > didn't match up.
> >
> > What still needs to be bought?  Or am I just missing something obvious?
>
> The obvious thing you are missing is the email from me that I promised
> to you last week :)
>
> I need to sort through the tickets - I'm not sure why, but I think Jared
> and Paul were closing tickets after people had their subsidies approved
> (since the ticket was to *approve* them, not necessarily to keep track
> of whether or not their airfare had been purchased.)
>
> Actually, it seems to me as though we should either make a concrete
> decision as to whether or not re-opening tickets for folks who were
> approved for subsidies, but may not have had their airfares purchased,
> is a good idea, or not what we want to do.
>
> Jared, Paul - you've mostly been wrangling these tickets for these
> folks.  Should we reopen those tickets? Or... ?

I think at some point the process changed, and I didn't change the
Trac tickets to match what was pending in the spreadsheet.  That
shouldn't have unduly affected the purchase of tickets, because I
clearly let everyone (with a credit card that is) :-) know that we
were using the spreadsheet as the master record of approved people to
buy for.

It won't take me but a few minutes to set the trac in order.  I'll
reopen the tickets for people who, according to the spreadsheet, are
still awaiting airfare purchase.  I'll set their milestones to a
spending milestone, so they can be accurately tracked.  Does that
sound kosher?