FUDCon Tempe budget update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 20:48:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 01:33:15PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 01:30 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> The obvious thing you are missing is the email from me that I promised
> >> to you last week :)
> >>
> >> I need to sort through the tickets - I'm not sure why, but I think Jared
> >> and Paul were closing tickets after people had their subsidies approved
> >> (since the ticket was to *approve* them, not necessarily to keep track
> >> of whether or not their airfare had been purchased.)
> >>
> >> Actually, it seems to me as though we should either make a concrete
> >> decision as to whether or not re-opening tickets for folks who were
> >> approved for subsidies, but may not have had their airfares purchased,
> >> is a good idea, or not what we want to do.
> >>
> >> Jared, Paul - you've mostly been wrangling these tickets for these
> >> folks.  Should we reopen those tickets? Or... ?
> > I think at some point the process changed, and I didn't change the
> > Trac tickets to match what was pending in the spreadsheet.  That
> > shouldn't have unduly affected the purchase of tickets, because I
> > clearly let everyone (with a credit card that is) :-) know that we
> > were using the spreadsheet as the master record of approved people to
> > buy for.
> >
> > It won't take me but a few minutes to set the trac in order.  I'll
> > reopen the tickets for people who, according to the spreadsheet, are
> > still awaiting airfare purchase.  I'll set their milestones to a
> > spending milestone, so they can be accurately tracked.  Does that
> > sound kosher?
>
> I think that works. And then, for any further outstanding subsidy
> requests we may be able to fulfill, instead of closing those tickets, we
> should also change their milestone, correct?

That's right.  Currently, we're spending against Red Hat's FY2011 Q4,
so that's the milestone I used to reset the tickets.  The list was
duly spammed just a few minutes ago as a result. :-)

Then the ticket can be closed when the travel fare is actually
purchased.  I gave this link to Jared for use in purchasing tickets,
which he'll be doing shortly:

https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=FUDCon+Tempe+2011&milestone=End+Red+Hat+FY11Q4+spending&type=Funding+request&order=priority