On-site / local purchases for Cusco - need info!

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 09:25:17 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I know there is a need to get cash down to Peru to do some advance
purchases.

As you know this is kind of painful - we can't use paypal because it
doesn't work there, and more importantly, sending money in advance (in
other words, not as a reimbursement, because there is no receipt yet) to
someone who isn't the actual vendor is pretty much entirely against all the
rules of what I can do at Red Hat.

That said, I'm trying to come up with some solutions to address the needs;
I had a chat with Jared about this on the phone earlier tonight, and so
we're tryign to figure out what we might be able to do between the two of
us, since his company is also helping to sponsor the event.

Jared looks to be arriving decently in advance of the event, on the 22nd,
and we may be able to juggle some of the advance things between the two of
us; but there are a few details needed.

The local budget needed is outlined here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Cusco_2013_budget#On_Site_Logistic_Budget

What we don't know, however, is which exact items *absolutely* have to be
paid in advance, vs. which ones might be able to be covered by Jared via
credit card during the extra days beforehand that he is in town.

If there are items that need a wire transfer / western union prior to that
time, it would also be helpful to know the exact dates the money is needed
by, because it is entirely possible that we may be able to do this more
easily if we do multiple transfers rather than just one.

Can anyone (Alex, or if anyone else has the details) add an additional area
to that table that shows the absolute dates of when each item will need to
be paid, so that Jared and I can figure out a plan of sorts?

Thanks,
-Robyn