Armagetron: clarification

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 23:11:40 UTC 2007

> So variables are not an issue at all, path names / filenames are not an issue
> either AFAIK. Spot?

That is correct. The only places where we are concerned are really the
following:

- Desktop Menu Items (the user should not think that they are launching
the "trademark" item)
- What the game calls itself when it is running (e.g. the contents in
the title of the window)
- Anything visible to the user during execution (if the game shows the
trademark, its out)
- The documentation needs to be cleaned (no references to the trademark,
other than anything that would fall under the Lanham Act, aka, Fair Use)

Path names, filenames are not a concern according to RH Legal. Internal
variables which are not shown to the user during execution (if char *
ktron has "KTron" in it, you'd need to change the contents, not the
variable name) are also ok.

When in doubt, ask. :)

~spot