Doom engines

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:01:10 UTC 2011

 On 08/20/2011 11:22 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

 On 08/20/2011 11:08 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

 No, I'm not.  The files vavoom would want the user to download are not
owned by the vavoom package, they're in the user's ~, are they not?

 I am talking about doom-shareware.desktop and doom.autodlrc and you are
talking about the data it downloads

 Right.  I'm saying each RPM could have it's own versions of those two
files, which use the same paths in the user's ~

 Now we are going in a bit of a circle.   To reiterate what I asked in the
first mail,  I am asking if there is a better alternative to just
duplicating these files?  Why?  Because I just built a vavoom update and had
to fix doom.autodlrc because one of the mirrors was not valid anympore.  Now
if there are multiple engines packaged, such a fix would have to be
propagated across three or more packages depending on how many "ports" aka
different doom engines gets packaged.

Rahul