L10N QA Template for F14

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:21:01 UTC 2010

Em Sex, 2010-07-23 às 15:18 +0800, He Rui escreveu:
> Hi Igor,
>
> The template looks quite good, and I did some minor changes on it, hope
> it's helpful. I found out that the tests in your template are to test
> packages on desktop, so I'm curious about the language/keyboard tests in
> anaconda during installation of images(such as boot.iso, DVD, or CD). I
> had a talk with noriko earlier, she told me that the translation of
> built images will be due before 2010-08-23, therefore the test of this
> part is planed to happen between 08-23 and 08-31[1].
>
> So will there also be a similar test template and test results page for
> tracking the tests of translation and keyboard in anaconda?
>

> Thanks,
> Hurry
>
> [1]
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-trans-tasks.html

Hurry, thanks for making it better.

Unfortunately, the i18n team doesn't have a specific test case template
to cover keyboard testings in Anaconda [1]. But we do have test cases
covering i18n installation [2]. Testing this could be trick, since it
demands different keyboards in different languages. Probably, the easier
way of doing so is to ask the L10N members for testing their keyboards
while testing the translations. I think that the existing test cases are
not executed in that way. Anyway, we still have to write a specific test
case template if we want help from the L10N members. I believe this is
worth testing because we had a lot of trouble with this issue during the
Fedora 13 development cycle.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:I18n_Test_Cases
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:I18n_Installation

Regards