[fedora-india] Questionnaire on FUDCon locations :)

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:28:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 11:01 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > Lets exchange places on that one. I'll be the pain in your behind this
> > time and keep the fun going ;)
>
> Sure. I like fun.
>
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003093.html
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003099.html
>
> Well, if you search through your inbox you will find out something
> about: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:India_2010
>
> If it was your idea of fun mate, it was a real rotten one.
>
> I have a rotten sense of humour.

No kidding :)

> In any case, since there was going to be a townhall meeting I thought
> it would be a good opportunity to discuss it. The presence of the Wiki
> page can be assumed to be an indication that there is some interest in
> having a FUDCon in India.
>
> > If people are not interested in the FUDCon for whatever reason, now
> > would be a good time to speak up since some of us are taking up
> > responsibilities, tasks and working for it, and we don't appreciate
> > being sent on useless errands.
>
> Here in lies the whole story.
>
> No one is sending you on useless errands. You are doing it because you
> like or want to do it. There is no lord/lady/God/Godess asking you to
> work. While this may sound all very good and nice, there is a catch
> here. You can not rely on $DEITY to take up the task of giving
> direction and purpose to the event. It is you who has to work on that
> as well. Your responsibilities include decision-making and execution.
> While lifting up chairs and hanging posters and arranging the
> microphones is back breaking work, it is only the execution part of
> it. The decision making is the other part and it is not easy either.
> Don't avoid it.

Well then, when the decision making was being done, at two meetings, all
these issues should've been clarified. Decisions cannot be made at
anyone's convenience. We had two meetings and took the decision to go
ahead with the FUDCon, and work/responsibilities taken.

> Remember when you talk about a FUDCon in India, you are the face of
> India in front of the whole world. You represent India. Don't take it
> lightly.

I don't. The point is, I'm not the face alone. All of us are.

> Cheers,
> Debarshi
>
> PS: I should have probably used 'we' instead of 'you', but that does
> not change the point. I am not blaming you, nor am I pissed off with
> you. :-)

I'm starting a new thread on "FUDCon - India "OUR goals"". This thread
has gone way of it's intended function and needs to be killed.

--
regards,
Ankur