[fedora-india] Questionnaire on FUDCon locations :)

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:47:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do we need a FUDCon in India? What difference will it make to Fedora?

I like pain in the A** stuff. It allows me not to sit down and relax,
instead keep working with constant attention to the pain ;-)

The points Rishi is trying to make (my perception) are the following.
Answer them and you might have answered Rishi.

1. Whats the objective of FUDCon India?

2. See the wiki pages of FUDCon Berlin or FUDCon Boston. See their
schedule and line-up. See the hackfests. Now IMO *that* really will
make a difference to Fedora. Some itch scratching, decision making. In
short spinning out code. Its highly important to figure out what one
expects at the end of FUDCon India. I dont see that anywhere in your
discussions. And yes, I read the IRC logs of the TownHall meeting as
well.

3. Just read the first para of
http://magazine.redhat.com/2009/02/13/video-fudcon-11/ (*collaborate*
on *features*, get ideas and work on itches).

4. Is it going to be another "Welcome to Fedora" thing *only* or
"Welcome to Fedora" + some solid feature collaboration +
brainstorming? If at the end you only have former, how different is it
from a Fedora Activity Day (FAD)?

Think on such lines. Set your objectives in place first. It will help
you in the planning process as well. All the best and with respect to
the venue - Pune or Kolkata should be the place. No idea why Bangalore
even got pictured here? Any reasons?

Regards,
Aanjhan
PS: Can anyone tell me the difference of the buzzwords FAD and FUDCon?
That might help the FUDCon India organisers know it is not FAD that
they are planning but FUDCon. The only page I see is a stub
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_Planning_FAD