[fedora-india] Ask Fedora - Next steps

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:57:39 UTC 2011

On 07/25/2011 11:06 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> These are the immediate next steps:
>
> * python-dateutil in RHEL is not new enough for Askbot.  Since EPEL
> packages cannot touch RHEL core packages,  we got to introduce a
> parallel installable version of python-dateutil15 similar to
> python-genshi06 in EPEL to solve this problem.  (Owner need)

I did this

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-dateutil15-1.5-1.el6

Thanks to PJP for the review

> * A theme to match fedoraproject.org and a logo (Tatica and Satya)

Suchakra did some changes yesterday so it doesn't look totally out of
place anymore

> * Work with upstream on a few tweaks and import that version in EPEL.
> I am doing this

Working on this.  A bunch of features have been moving forward including
tag cloud,  making the side bar elements optional etc.

> * Configure Askbot email settings in the test instance and make sure
> everything works (PJP?)

Not done yet

> *  Configure Askbot to use memcached in the test instance.  I tried this
> but there are some issues.  I will look into more but I could use help

Not done yet