[fedora-india] Fedora India budget FY 16-17

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:22:58 UTC 2015

On 30 November 2015 at 21:12, Aditya Patawari <adimania at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with your point of view. However, if we do not allocate funds
> in APAC regional budget, then either we have to convince Flock
> organizers to include APAC or no one from APAC gets to go to Flock.
> Keeping that in mind, I think, until we are able to convince and get a
> confirmation that APAC will get a funding from Flock budget, we should
> have some provisions from regional budget.

The "convince Flock organizers to include APAC" is the sticky bit IMO
- why does it have to be that way?  Like I said, if Flock organizers
don't see value in a session because it's not from NA/EMEA then it is
discriminatory and it should be called out.  If they don't see value
in the session because they deem it uninteresting for a general
audience but if APAC thinks it is important that it be present, then
we could fund it.  I no longer see the point of earmarking some funds
to support an already fat Flock budget just for the sake of it.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in