Change with FAS sysadmin-* accounts

Tajidin Abd tajidinabd at archlinux.us
Mon Aug 30 13:25:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> FYI everyone, I've now changed all the sysadmin groups to be invite only.
> Lots of users would apply and kind of just sit there for months, and
> that's not good.  So by invite only, one of us has to add users to the
> groups and sponsor them at that time.
>
>        -Mike

So i am curious how do you actually contribute with the Infrastructure team.
Seems like a caveat here. The wiki page and this email seems to be in
conflict please make it consistent across the board. I am new contributor to
the Project. So i can give a perspective which is often not voiced. Also i
read this link
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_be_a_successful_contributor. However i
was met with crickets meaning i got no reply. I understand this Team is one
the more important in the Projects. I guess however im a new guy so what i
say will be met with some critique. Also i like to give solutions if
possible. How about mentoring some new contributors in the Infrastructure
Team. So they are monitored what they do. They can learn but still they dont
bork things. Just my 2 cents cause we all here to contribute in our little
part to the Project. I have find my niche what i do for the Project and I am
satisfied. I just speak for the next new contributor that sends a Intro
email.

Tajidiin

"You want for your brother what you want for yourself"
--Prophet Muhammad (SAW)