Change with FAS sysadmin-* accounts

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 13:36:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Tajidin Abd wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>       FYI everyone, I've now changed all the sysadmin groups to be invite only.
>       Lots of users would apply and kind of just sit there for months, and
>       that's not good.  So by invite only, one of us has to add users to the
>       groups and sponsor them at that time.
>
>              -Mike

> So i am curious how do you actually contribute with the Infrastructure team. Seems like a caveat here. The wiki page and this email seems to be in conflict please make it
> consistent across the board. I am new contributor to the Project. So i can give a perspective which is often not voiced. Also i read this link
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_be_a_successful_contributor. However i was met with crickets meaning i got no reply. I understand this Team is one the more important in
> the Projects. I guess however im a new guy so what i say will be met with some critique. Also i like to give solutions if possible. How about mentoring some new contributors
> in the Infrastructure Team. So they are monitored what they do. They can learn but still they dont bork things. Just my 2 cents cause we all here to contribute in our little
> part to the Project. I have find my niche what i do for the Project and I am satisfied. I just speak for the next new contributor that sends a Intro email.

I just re-read the wiki and I don't see any conflicts, can you tell me the
exact text you're concerned with.  Also, you say you got no reply after
reading a wiki link, I assume you contacted this list?  I try hard to
reply to everyone, sorry I missed your introduction.  Couldy ou re-send
it?

More generally, if you're looking to contribute to this team and haven't
already, this is a good link:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

	-Mike