Monitoring

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:58:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> I was always under the impression that ZenOSS wasn't free.  Or at least
> wasn't fully free.  Is that true?

It's one of those free/non-free combos - a free "Core", and then an
enterprise version.  The  core version has most functionality that
we'd need, but is somewhat difficult to configure IME.  But the web
interface of it is fairly slick if you can make it work right.

For one of my customers at $DAYJOB, we're using the free version of
another one of these, Hyperic HQ from Spring.  It provides great
depth, but the server and the agent are all Java based, and I've never
used it for general process monitoring (mostly I want to go into great
depth of JVM's there).