Monitoring

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 19:56:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> So I'm just going to throw this out there.  Anyone else think zabbix isn't
> quite working out?
>
> I ask because it seems like
>
> A) we've been using zabbix for over a year and still haven't turned nagios
> off.
>
> B) Even after using it this whole time, I often run into issues adding new
> monitoring.
>
> Am I alone in this?  Anyone out there super happy with our zabbix install?
> I love the results we get from it, but it feels like it's turning into a
> maintenance nightmare.

I am supposed to be helping on the Zabbix install and it has so far
annoyed me. I like some parts compared to nagios but other things seem
to require long strings of click, menu, click, text entry, click when
a simple edit of a text file and some sed changes to make variants
would be so much faster (for me at least). However this may be me
being an old idiit not learning new tricks.

 I would prefer to look at something that we can func/puppetize.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning