Please DO NOT send friend or other requests to this list or any other list

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Fri Mar 5 18:33:26 UTC 2010

On 05/03/10 17:45, Draciron Smith wrote:
> Tristan those are spammers not people actually looking to add friends.
>   I see them on all the lists. Same email addy across 20 different
> groups as varied as musician lists to Linux lists.  Only way to combat
> them is to go after the site they are advertising for. Usually an
> adult oriented dating site. Friendfinder is the worst about spamming
> list groups but far from the only one.  Report the spamming of the
> list, then report them to your local government's spam facilities.
> Until there are consequences for spamming lists with fake friend
> requests they'll keep doing it.
>
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Tristan Santore
> <tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net>  wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> once again a friendly reminder, that friend requests or other invites
>> are not to be sent to
>> any Fedora list. The lists are for the exchange of Fedora related
>> activities/information only.
>>
>> Please do not send any invites to the lists.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tristan
>>
>> --
>> Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
>> TS4523-RIPE
>> Network and Infrastructure Operations
>> InterNexusConnect
>> Mobile +44-78-55069812
>> Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net
>>
>> Former Thawte Notary
>> (Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
>> and I am therefor no longer able to accredit trust)
>>
>> For Fedora related issues, please email me at:
>> TSantore at fedoraproject.org

Usually we end up with people apologizing, specially on the ambassadors
list, which has a lot more users, than infra. Also, a lot of these sites
send these out automatically, because people added the list as an
account. Further, we get these very rarely, so the odd reminder for new
users usually takes care of the matter.

Regards,
Tristan

Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net