Upcoming onsite at phx2 tasks

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jun 15 17:03:49 UTC 2011

Greetings.

In early July, Smooge and I will be out in phx2 to do some on-site
tasks.

I've created:

~kevin/2011-07-11-phx2-onsite-tasks on puppet01 to capture the tasks we
are hoping to do while out there. (also added to the end of this
email). I'm open to suggestion on a better place to put this. It
doesn't belong in puppet, the infrastructure repo requires
sysadmin-devel to commit, should it be a wiki page?

Please let me know if you think of other things, or
processes/procedures we can use to make things go smoothly.

Smooge and Kevin will be on site at phx2 2011-07-11 to 2011-07-14.
We would like to prioritize and list all tasks we should get done there
in order to maximize our time there.

See this list as well as:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/12

In order of priority/importance:

- Inventory
	label machines/connections
	check serial/pdu/console connections/labels
	pictures front/back at end of trip.

- Specific machines:
	Find and turn off db03's hw
	Find and turn off xen13's hw (unless it's now virthost13 or whatever)
	find bvirthost01's hw and mgmt console's ip b/c it doesn't seem to exist
	Find ppc04 and remove it or replace it.

- New backup server and tape drive setup.
	Can we keep the old one around for a while?
	bacula upgrades for all machines needed.

- Tapes
	Pull bad/dead tapes, replace with new.

- Community network setup/QA move.
	Tenatively scheduled for 6pm on the 12th.

- Pull powered off machines from rack
	ones recent enough, setup in community rack.
	others junk pile