Upcoming onsite at phx2 tasks

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:21:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:03, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> In early July, Smooge and I will be out in phx2 to do some on-site
> tasks.
>
> I've created:
>
> ~kevin/2011-07-11-phx2-onsite-tasks on puppet01 to capture the tasks we
> are hoping to do while out there. (also added to the end of this
> email). I'm open to suggestion on a better place to put this. It
> doesn't belong in puppet, the infrastructure repo requires
> sysadmin-devel to commit, should it be a wiki page?
>
> Please let me know if you think of other things, or
> processes/procedures we can use to make things go smoothly.
>
> kevin
> --
> Smooge and Kevin will be on site at phx2 2011-07-11 to 2011-07-14.
> We would like to prioritize and list all tasks we should get done there
> in order to maximize our time there.
>
> See this list as well as:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/12
>
> In order of priority/importance:
>
> - Inventory
>        label machines/connections
>        check serial/pdu/console connections/labels
>        pictures front/back at end of trip.
>
> - Specific machines:
>        Find and turn off db03's hw
>        Find and turn off xen13's hw (unless it's now virthost13 or whatever)

xen13 is virthost13. I thought that I labeled that.

>        find bvirthost01's hw and mgmt console's ip b/c it doesn't seem to exist

hmmm that was another xen box rebuilt i believe.. it is probably a
bxen-mgmt of some sort.

>        Find ppc04 and remove it or replace it.

remove. both ethernets are dead on it and it is no longer supported by IBM

ppc12 needs to be fixed somehow. I will give that one to you as I have
failed now 5 times I think.

> - New backup server and tape drive setup.
>        Can we keep the old one around for a while?
>        bacula upgrades for all machines needed.
>
> - Tapes
>        Pull bad/dead tapes, replace with new.
>
> - Community network setup/QA move.
>        Tenatively scheduled for 6pm on the 12th.
>
> - Pull powered off machines from rack
>        ones recent enough, setup in community rack.
>        others junk pile

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren