fedora hosted, sharding and openid

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Feb 13 21:58:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 01:52:15AM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

> For the rest we make them non-ssl'd. The openid login, of course
> would be ssl'd, but the rest of the site doesn't really need to be,
> does it?

I guess if fedorahosted is not used via HTTPS, attackers could easily
make users not use HTTPS for the openid login by tampering the response
from fedorahosted. Also there is probably a session cookie involved that
is validated via openid, this could still be used by attackers to access
fedorahosted with the privileges of the original user.

Regards
Till