Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:31:50 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 10:05 PM, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" [18/09/2013 21:40] :
>> Clarify why
> * no dependencies/blocks
> * no flags
> * markdown parsing makes it easy to privilege noise over signal
> * no shared bug lists
> * no dashboard
> * status and resolution are conflated

I would consider that an acceptable loss compared to tapping into one of
the largest social networking coding place on the planet as well as the
cost saving we of course would as well move fedorahosted up there and
drop it from our infrastructure.

We want code contributors there they are.

We want new and existing project there they are.

All we have to do is to sync our upstream into github repository if they
dont already exist there then we suck the bits down to us and create rpm
packages and spit out products from the sub-community surrounding the
collection of those bits.

I'm pretty sure we in QA can get by code some web app against
http://developer.github.com/v3/issues/

I'm pretty sure the money people can calculate the TCO of doing that way
compare to the current way of doing things as well as their think tanks
to look further into this

You may think i'm crazy proposing but sometimes crazy is needed to do
ground breaking things...

JBG