Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:41:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel at seyman.fr> wrote:
> * "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" [18/09/2013 21:40] :
>>
>> Clarify why
>
> * no dependencies/blocks
> * no flags
> * markdown parsing makes it easy to privilege noise over signal
> * no shared bug lists
> * no dashboard
> * status and resolution are conflated

* no way to move bugs from one package to another
* no sane way to migrate bugs from other trackers
* no way to CC individual bugs without adding a comment
* much more limited e-mail options in general

Also, if the reason we're switching bug trackers is the belief that the
maintainers of it aren't being responsive to Fedora's needs, it makes zero sense
to switch to something whose maintainers couldn't care less about us at all.
(We're definitely not their target market.)

-T.C.