[fedora-java] Fedora vs JPackage naming

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Fri Feb 17 08:05:01 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 02:41 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> of jars manually) I can understand the reasoning. Plus in the
> guidelines there is a statement that if package installs more than 2
> jars they should go into _javadir/name/ which at least for me makes
> it perfectly viable place for installation if your package is coming
> from the same source and you depend on that previous package. I'm

As to the non-flat dir structure and renaming of jars:

Does it work with ant out of the box? No.
Does it work with ivy out of the box? No.
Does it work with gradle out of the box? No.
Does it work with maven out of the box (without the depmap hack)? No.

So, my preference stems from these requirements and not what the
guidelines currently say or what the packager prefers. I'd prefer a new
guideline that meets all four requirements above.