soprano-backend-sesame2

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:30:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 11:17 -0400, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> >
>> > The very first reference I can find to either soprano or sesame on this
>> > list is Rex's message. Perhaps you can point out some earlier discussion
>> > here?
>>

>> I believe he meant in general. Not specifically about this package.
>
> That's not at all clear. He talks about "those issues" and "the
> resulting explanation ... on this thread" without defining which issues
> and what explanation.
>
> Never mind.
>
> poc

I agree with Patrick O'Callaghan on these kind of situations. I see so
many emails, especially in fedora-devel, that assume too much about
the reader. I even voiced this once. The general expectation is for
the reader to make a search himself if he doesn't know the topic.

... which I find disturbing. It is really hard for a new contributor
to get used to the jargons used in these email lists, to the point
where it becomes discouraging, sometimes.

Well, maybe I spent too much time in the academic world, where
everything needs to be precise and unambiguous. I do believe that
everything non-trivial should be either explained or linked to
somewhere where it is explained. To define the term "non-trivial" in
this context, whenever I am writing emails, I tend to think how I
would explain things to my imaginary mother, whose only knowledge is
the Fedora guidelines.

Orcan