kmid2 help

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:09:56 UTC 2010

I have installed both fluidynth and timidity++. I set kmid2 to start timidity at
start-up and have a midi mapper file selected. I left the default settings in kmid2
for timidity alone (I do not know whether a sound font will be automatically loaded,
nor do I know how to load one in timidity).

When I select a midi file to play, the progress indicator suggests that the file is
indeed playing, but there is no sound.

I have checked kmix and all the available volume sliders are up (I checked if other
ones were available, but I don't think any of the ones not shown would be needed or
have any use).

Any ideas?

I have no idea how timidity or fluidsynth work. In the past, I used to expressly
install an old SoundBlaster Live card with built-in midi for the purpose, but,
according to the kmid2 documentation, soft-synths such as timidity and fluidsynth
should be sufficient.