kmid2 help

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Feb 14 01:25:22 UTC 2010

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I have installed both fluidynth and timidity++. I set kmid2 to start
> timidity at start-up and have a midi mapper file selected. I left the
> default settings in kmid2 for timidity alone (I do not know whether a
> sound font will be automatically loaded, nor do I know how to load one in
> timidity).

The current defaults are upstream defaults and they're not optimal for
Fedora. Try setting the output to "pulseaudio" (which should really be the
default in Fedora, I'll have to set that default somewhere). I recommend
timidity++ as FluidSynth's PulseAudio support leaves a lot to be desired, at
least on my machine.

        Kevin Kofler