Network Management - probably pebcak needs sorting

Benjamin HAAS haas.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:58:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Thomas Janssen
<thomasj at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> 2010/3/8 Benjamin HAAS <haas.benjamin at gmail.com>:
> >  2.  launch nm-applet (Indeed, I have to keep it installed for such cases
> !)

You can also install and use 'cnetworkmanager' for such cases. It's

CLI and works very well.

I could try it.  But in any case, this does not solve the root problem : How
comes that, sometimes, the network is "disabled" (by the way,
/var/log/message is dumb about that) ? I still have no clue about that ...
And how comes that knetworkmanager cannot control that if the gnome backend
and cnetworkmanager can?

Ben.

> --
> LG Thomas