Network Management - probably pebcak needs sorting

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 8 12:27:43 UTC 2010

2010/3/8 Benjamin HAAS <haas.benjamin at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Thomas Janssen <thomasj at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2010/3/8 Benjamin HAAS <haas.benjamin at gmail.com>:
>> >  2.  launch nm-applet (Indeed, I have to keep it installed for such
>> > cases !)
>>
>> You can also install and use 'cnetworkmanager' for such cases. It's
>>
>> CLI and works very well.
>

> I could try it.  But in any case, this does not solve the root problem : How
> comes that, sometimes, the network is "disabled" (by the way,
> /var/log/message is dumb about that) ? I still have no clue about that ...
> And how comes that knetworkmanager cannot control that if the gnome backend
> and cnetworkmanager can?

Well, IMO, knetworkmanager is the ugly little brother of
NetworkManager-gnome. It lacks some love. I still use nm-applet and be
happy, even it's written in a different toolkit. Though i'm waiting to
get the (for me it was perfectly working, not for others) plasmoid
back.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium