RFC: kde stability proposal (redux)

Eelko Berkenpies e.berkenpies at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 07:58:32 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 19:11:38 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> For me it was. It was a great browser. Lightening fast and did just about
> everything that I needed it to do. Multimedia, Flash, etc....
>
> Eli

Keep an eye on rekonq. It's making fast progress and I hope to prepare the
update /  package of the new version (0.4) this weekend, as soon as it's been
released. I think they got caught up in a small delay, it should have been
released this Tuesday.

Here's a the changelog of the features included in 0.4:

* moved to kdewebkit (this means based on kde 4.4)
* kwallet support
* KIO full support (cookies, cache, proxy, network)
* file: & ftp: protocol easy handling
* improved rekonq pages (in the about: protocol)
* multithreaded url resolver (hopefully, no more UI freezes)
* adblock support, first part (load manually links, for now...)
* improved fullscreen mode
* embedded inspector (A-LA firebug)
* first kget integration
* optional "clickToFlash" feature
* tons of bugs fixed
* ... (wanna more??)

Their plan is to become the default browser for KDE by version 0.6. Chakra
even made it their default browser already. :)

--
With kind regards,

Eelko Berkenpies