Kde Startup delays for 10 - 20 seconds (partially caused by nepomuk)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 15 10:19:20 UTC 2012

Am 15.07.2012 11:37, schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am 10.07.2012 11:00, schrieb Martin (KDE):
>> Am 10.07.2012 08:31, schrieb Fl at sh:
>>> Jep, I know. But my main problem was the delay at login. This is caused

>>> Now I understand you. Then simply remove pulsaudio from the system, because it will not be used.
>>>

>> Thats not that easy. I use some pulseaudio functions as I sometimes have
>> to switch audio output from internal speaker to external or headphone.
>> In general pulseaudio is working fine (besides this problem). And
>> finally solving this would be better (imho).
>
> OK, what ever changed in my system but since I reported this issue the
> delay caused by pulseaudio is gone.

i doubt this is not pulseuadio

on my machines i have sshaskpass and keopete in autostart
and the kwallet-prompt triggered by kopete is since
months also 10-20 seconds delayed while there is no disk
activity or any other load

no idea what kde does all the time

most autostarts are completly disabled since the first day
the machine was installed a year ago