Kde Startup delays for 10 - 20 seconds (partially caused by nepomuk)

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:54:49 UTC 2012

On Sunday 15 July 2012 12:19:20 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 15.07.2012 11:37, schrieb Martin (KDE):

> >> Thats not that easy. I use some pulseaudio functions as I sometimes have
> >> to switch audio output from internal speaker to external or headphone.
> >> In general pulseaudio is working fine (besides this problem). And
> >> finally solving this would be better (imho).
> >
> > OK, what ever changed in my system but since I reported this issue the
> > delay caused by pulseaudio is gone.
>
> i doubt this is not pulseuadio
>
> on my machines i have sshaskpass and keopete in autostart
> and the kwallet-prompt triggered by kopete is since
> months also 10-20 seconds delayed while there is no disk
> activity or any other load
>
> no idea what kde does all the time
>
> most autostarts are completly disabled since the first day
> the machine was installed a year ago

Hi,

In FC17 I have this delay too when ktp is 'enabled' (status available).  Btw.
I always get an error message telling that ktp can't connect to the chat-
server, but it connect just fine (the presence icon in the system tray changes
to green). In /var/log/messages I see a the following 10 second delay:

Jul 15 23:17:27 ps-1866 pulseaudio[2648]: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already
running.
Jul 15 23:17:37 ps-1866 rtkit-daemon[1115]: Successfully made thread 2724 of
process 2724 (/usr/bin/pulseaudio) owned by '1000' high priority at nice level
-11.

Martin Kho