Packagers of plasmoids (Plasma applets): please run plasma-dataengine-depextractor in %build

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:01:03 UTC 2012

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> since I just noticed that even the newly submitted kde-print-manager was
> missing this, here's a gentle reminder to all maintainers of Plasma
> applets: in your specfiles, at the beginning of the %build section, please
> add something like the following:
> if [ -x %{_bindir}/plasma-dataengine-depextractor ] ; then
>   plasma-dataengine-depextractor plasmoid-package
> fi

This feels more like a "patch" operation to me, so wouldn't putting this in
%prep (rather than %build) somewhere make more sense?

Thinking a bit more... would it be too evil to macro'ize this somehow, say
hook into %cmake_kde for example, to operate automatically on all
metadata.desktop files found in $RPM_BUILD_DIR ?

-- Rex