Stopping kscreen service starting

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 12:31:01 UTC 2013

Hi

I need to stop the kscreen kded module running for all my users becuase
it interacts badly with x2go.

I've achieved this by making a file /etc/kde/kdedrc with contents:

[Module-kscreen]
autoload=false

This seems to work fine for the first login of x2go. (I'm using a new
testing account). I confirmed that the kscreen service in system
settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Service manager shows kscreen2 not
running.

However, the Use checkbox is ticked for the kscreen2 service, and on the
next login the kscreen2 service is running and messing up my x2go session.

~/.kde/share/config/kdedrc now contains:

[$Version]
update_info=kded.upd:kde3.0

[Module-kscreen]
autoload=true

[Module-randrmonitor]
autoload=false

Can anyone explain please why the kscreen2 service is being switched
back on and how I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

Roderick Johnstone