KDEConnect

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Dec 24 12:44:25 UTC 2014

Is anyone running KDEConnect under Fedora-21?

I have yum-installed kde-connect and kde-connect-devel
and followed the (rather arcane) instructions at
<http://xmodulo.com/integrate-android-kde-linux-desktop.html>.
But when I click on System Settings=>Hardware=>KDE Connect
on my Fedora-21 Thinkpad T510 laptop
and then click on KDE Connect on my Samsung Galaxy S5
I am told that there are no AVAILABLE DEVICES.

I've tried disabling firewalld on the laptop,
but that does not seem to help.

I am able to ping my phone from my laptop.
(I am unable to ping my laptop, or any IP address,
from the Terminal Emulator app on my phone.)

Any help or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net