2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 5 01:59:20 UTC 2011

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> Now I am doing the same, but thoroughly scanned through all the
>> options after starting "make menuconfig" just to make sure there is
>> nothing unset (or wrongly set!). Currently I am doing a build and will
>> see what happens - fingers crossed.
>>
> Just finished, installed it, but unfortunately no joy - same thing
> happens: plymouth "text" theme appears, large text fonts and VGA-type
> resolution. No obvious errors, but I did notice that initramfs is about
> 500k smaller, compared to the .34 version, so I wonder is there anything
> missing/excluded by dracut when building the initramfs file?

For the love of retarded illiterates, try an actual Fedora kernel. If that
kernel fails similarly, then you have something worth discussing on this
mailing list. In the interim, please demonstrate that YOU can read, by
going over here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

Please note the first section carefully.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com