2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 03:21:29 UTC 2011

On 01/06/2011 01:23 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 01:13:41PM -0800, JD wrote:
>> Would this loop in the spec file do it?
>> .
>> .
>>     for i in %{all_arch_configs}
>>     do
>>       mv $i $i.tmp
>>       ./merge.pl %{Source1000} $i.tmp>  $i
>>       rm $i.tmp
>>     done
> Yep. In other words, use the exact same for loop that's already there
> inside the '%if 0%{?rhel}' clause, just without the clause and with the
> overlay file instead of config-rhel-generic. :)

Hi Jarod.
I tried it and it failed miserably.
In fact, it does not overwrite the config values in the source tree with
the config values in config-local.
When it started building for my i686 platform,
I peeked into the .config file in the source tree.
It had ignored my settings completely!
So, I think we need to go back to the drawing board to  find a way
that really gives the builder his chosed config items via the rpmbuild
method.