Moving joydev back into the main modules package

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon May 11 15:53:54 UTC 2015

Hi All,

This weekend I lost 2 hours figuring out why supertuxkart would not
recognize a standard logitech usb gamepad.

After 2 hours I found out that the problem is that some games
need to joydev module to interact with usb-hid devices as
the use the /dev/js interface rather then the /dev/input/event#
interface, once I had installed kernel-modules-extras everything
just worked, the module auto loaded stk recognized the gamepad
and things just worked (tm) which is what I believe is the
experience we want to offer ootb.

Therefor I would like to request for the joydev module to be
moved from kernel-modules-extras into the main kernel-modules
package.

Regards,

Hans