[Fedora-livecd-list] Bring me up to speed on using git for livecd-tools

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:29:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> That reminds me, there is also a global git setting you might want to use.
> It sets it so that a push command only pushes the currently checked out
> branch to the upstream repo it is tracking. The normal default tries to
> push multiple branches, which doesn't work well if you are treating
> different Fedora release branches as branches of the same local repo.
> Typically you only want to push one at a time.

Well if you want next time you do some commits, maybe you can have me
commit a patch
or some change so that I can get used to it.

Right now for F14 final there are a few that would be likely to be
able to go into
master or at least a F14 branch that I have seen on the bug list for
livecd-tools
which would benefit the package.

There is one relating to Ext4, where I found that because
checkFileSystem() is called after a block
it falls back to using vfat only, which is a bug I found while writing a patch
for Ext4 support, which requires the new syslinux-4.02 which has been
built for F14 branch.