[Fedora-livecd-list] Customized Fedora Live Image

mammar mammar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:03:54 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have been working on a customized fedora live image which contains hard
disk tools(gparted etc) and mandatory linux packages. The current customized
ISO size is 320MB. Currently ISO contains 626 packages. I tried different
options (like --nobase) in kickstart file but no effect.

Currently ISO contain minimal gnome desktop but i am thinking to replace it
with xfce. Am i right?

Following are the only packages i need:

grub2
wxPython
gparted
python-crypto
ethtool
lzop
lshw
testdisk
parted
ntfs-3g
ntfsprogs
vi
curses
ext2/ext3 utils
basic utilities(ls, dd, mount, df etc)

I only need following device drivers:

ethernet
basic(minimal) graphics drivers required for wxpython application and
desktop
hard disk,keyboard, mouse etc.

Should i have to recompile the kernel to remove unnecessary device driver
support or?

Can kernel recompiling help in anyway?

Can anyone guide me on how to more customize the ISO or any suggestions?

What is the best way to customize a LIVE ISO?

Regards,