[Fedora-livecd-list] edit-livecd tool usage

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 14:33:42 UTC 2010

> most simple usage is "edit-livecd.py image-you-want-to-edit.iso" this
> will give you a chrooted shell inside the livecd, fs mage.

Aha! That's very useful. I'd not twigged about getting a shell if you
don't specify a script.

It would be handy to add a '-c' option for a command to run rather than
a shell script. It's a bit tedious creating a shell script with a single
command in it. It might also be handy to be able to specify
'--no-chroot' so that the command or script or shell gets executed
outside the chroot.

One pain is that it seems you don't have net access once you're dropped
inside the chrooted environment. My idea was to update the image by
running 'yum update' from inside the chroot, but it doesn't work because
it can't find the network. Is there an easy way round this?

James