[Fedora-livecd-list] edit-livecd tool usage

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 13:39:21 UTC 2010

adding livecd list....

On 02/22/2010 06:53 PM, Kunthar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really need to use this tool but it has lack of info in code.
> Could you give me a one liner sample to use with?

"edit-livecd.py --help" gives more info

> Usage: livecd-edit.py [-s=<script.sh>]<LIVECD.iso>
>
> 1. what is -s scripth.sh for?

specify a bash script to run chrooted inside the livecd, fs image.

> 2. generic usage sample to change one file from same machine.

most simple usage is "edit-livecd.py image-you-want-to-edit.iso" this
will give you a chrooted shell inside the livecd, fs mage.

> Thank you very much for this tool and please ,mprove and add it to
> livecd tools set.

Also note, there are two known issues with the script as is: 1) the FS
label is not correctly copied form the base image, a work around is to
manually edit the grub menu and change the cd label to the correct
label.  I am working on fix for this and should have it posted soon! 2)
there is an ~ 10-15M size increase on the edited image.  We believe this
is because the hard links form initrd are broken when the image is
copied, so essentially you have two copies of the initrd image on the
new iso.  Jboggs has proposed a patch I am working on getting this fix
into the script.  I will also soon have a patch for this as well.

-D