[Fedora-livecd-list] Patch for BZ# 509427

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:28:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> The change looks simple enough, but I want to read up on the semantics
> of lazy umounts to make sure this won't cause other problems. I expect
> to be able to give this a thumbs up tomorrow, now that I have looked
> over the patch.

The relevant parts of umount.c from util-linux-ng are here:

                                if (lazy)
                                        umountargs[i++] = "-l";

<- snip ->

        if (lazy) {
                res = umount2 (node, MNT_DETACH);
                if (res < 0)
                        umnt_err = errno;
                goto writemtab;
        }

<- snip ->

 writemtab:
        if (!nomtab &&
            (umnt_err == 0 || umnt_err == EINVAL || umnt_err == ENOENT)) {
                update_mtab (node, NULL);
        }

        if (res >= 0)
                return 0;
        if (umnt_err)
                complain(umnt_err, node);
        return 1;

<- end ->

> Thanks for your work on this. We don't have a lot of time to get spins
> working again, and your help on the blocker bugs is appreciated.

Yes there a few which cropped up recently that totally throw the
wrench in the gears on livecd-tools and moreover nightly spins and
RAWHIDE spins done with livecd-creator which are required for
developers to use if they wish not to install RAWHIDE onto a machine.
Not a problem