[Fedora-livecd-list] Patch for BZ# 509427

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 24 04:41:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 21:28:22 -0700,
  Jasper Hartline <jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > The change looks simple enough, but I want to read up on the semantics
> > of lazy umounts to make sure this won't cause other problems. I expect
> > to be able to give this a thumbs up tomorrow, now that I have looked
> > over the patch.
>
> The relevant parts of umount.c from util-linux-ng are here:

It looks like it can cause problems in the general case, but I think where
it isn't expected that outside processes will be using stuff, as is the
case for livecd creator, it shouldn't hurt.

Do you know if the issue is umounting in the wrong order or missing umounts?
I would expect this patch to fix umounting stuff in the wrong order, but
if a umount is missed, then I wouldn't expect the umount to succeed without
manual intervention. That would be no worse than today, but wouldn't be
a big help either.