[Fedora-livecd-list] Patch for BZ# 509427

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 24 04:48:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 23:41:08 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> Do you know if the issue is umounting in the wrong order or missing umounts?
> I would expect this patch to fix umounting stuff in the wrong order, but
> if a umount is missed, then I wouldn't expect the umount to succeed without
> manual intervention. That would be no worse than today, but wouldn't be
> a big help either.

I see this is just the general bind umount. So probably the problem is
something pinning one of the bind mounts. That should go away on exit
and then the deferred umounts should all get processed. I need to review
the original bug to check that, but I think that is what I remember now.

I'll look at getting this committed tomorrow after I have had some sleep.
I suspect we probably want to keep the bug open as this isn't a fix of
the root cause and as long as we think that is possible / practical we
should keep it open.